In addition to AAUW, Eileen Menton has been an active volunteer locally and internationally.
VGIF (The Virginia Gildersleeve International Fund)
- Member since 1993
- Treasurer (1999 – 2005)
- 2nd Vice President and Convener of the Project Grants Committee (2006 – 2008)
- President (2008 – 2014)
- Led Board with up to 29 members from seven countries and its transition from operational to governance Board.
- Initiated and participated in development of two Strategic Plans, including development of mission and vision statements, as well as complete revision of the bylaws.
- Planned for the growth of VGIF as its endowment grew from approximately $2 million to more than $16 million. Included establishing multi-year grants program and expanding grants funded annually from 30 to 45
- Managed transition to a new Executive Director following retirement of the long-time Executive Director.
- Participated in development of VGIF’s UN program, including establishment of intern program and active participation in Commission on the Status of Women.
- Spoke on behalf of the NGO community and VGIF grantees at the United Nations ECOSOC special high level meeting on financing for sustainable development in April 2013.
- Represented VGIF at the biennial meeting of the International Network of Women’s Funds in Johannesburg, South Africa. Representatives of 45 Women’s funds in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia attended.
Friends of the Laurel (Maryland) Library
- Founding member (1994)
Christ Church, Denton, Maryland
- Volunteer Secretary (2007 – 2014)
Advent Senior Housing, Baltimore Maryland
- Board Member (since 2014)